I hope everyone can join us Sunday night for another Warriors for Life Virtual Group Support Community Services provided by Victory for Veterans Foundation.
The Topic for Sunday evening is: “Journaling: More than a Diary.”
Join Veteran and Therapist PO3 Christopher St. John as he discusses and share with you the “Journaling: More than a Diary.”
Contrary to popular belief, our forefathers (and mothers) did know a thing or two. There is increasing evidence to support the notion that journaling has a positive impact on physical well-being.
Whether you suffer from Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, TBI, MSRT, and other silent disabilities, journaling may be of benefit to you. All you need is a piece of paper and a pen or pencil. (Although some people use apps nowadays, you’re likely to write less lengthy entries on your smartphone.)
Research indicates that journaling decreases the symptoms of asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. Pennebaker believes that writing about stressful events helps you come to terms with them, acting as a stress management tool, thus reducing the impact of these stressors on your physical health.
Begin journaling and begin experiencing these benefits:
- Clarify your thoughts and feelings.Do you ever seem all jumbled up inside, unsure of what you want or feel? Taking a few minutes to jot down your thoughts and emotions (no editing!) will quickly get you in touch with your internal world.
- Know yourself better.By writing routinely you will get to know what makes you feel happy and confident. You will also become clear about situations and people who are toxic for you — important information for your emotional well-being.
- Reduce stress.Writing about anger, sadness and other painful emotions helps to release the intensity of these feelings. By doing so you will feel calmer and better able to stay in the present.
- Solve problems more effectively.Typically we problem solve from a left-brained, analytical perspective. But sometimes the answer can only be found by engaging right-brained creativity and intuition. Writing unlocks these other capabilities, and affords the opportunity for unexpected solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Resolve disagreements with others.Writing about misunderstandings rather than stewing over them will help you to understand another’s point of view. And you just may come up with a sensible resolution to the conflict.
Warriors for Life Group Support Community Service – Sunday, 18 August 2019 at 8:00 PM ET, (7:00 Pm CT), 6:00 PM MT, & 5:00 PM PT
Dial in 5-10 minutes early to test your communications!
Veteran and Therapist PO3 Christopher St. John will be the Host this Sunday evening and is inviting you to a RingCentral meeting.
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/4357174198 ;
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):
+1 (773) 231 9226 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 435-717-4198
Directions for loading Ring Central. https://youtu.be/M8D_8iSNQ7k
PO3 Christopher St. John