Grab some coffee, get comfy and stay for a while… 🙂 it’s long!!!
Dear Veterans, First Responders, Board of Directors, Advisors, Volunteers, Friends and Families:
- Continued working with ETAC, Inc and Terry Jenkins on delivering an IT program for Veterans to learn the basics… as well as advanced levels… with CCNA and other courses for very low cost… Over 300 Veterans took advantage of this program to study IT…
- Continued working with Western Realty Advisors and David Van Waldick to deliver an exclusive, one-of-its-kind, Zero Down Home Buying Program for Veterans and First Responders…
- The Good Aviation & Veterans Museum: Providing a look back in history of World War II aviation and more at the Casper, WY facility, hosted by Aaero Aviation and our very own, Sean Hakes and Ed Good…
- Military Auction partnered with VFV to bring auction services to our communities and contributes 30% of its profits back to VFV. Big thank you to Mitchell Williams! …
- We have provided emergency funds for housing and other needs among Veterans…
- BIKE22 wrapped up
- Warriors For Life: came under the arms of VFV and is run by our one and only Chairman, Col Mikel Burroughs (ret) and is about to expand! …
- Memorial Day Flowers Foundation (Memorial Day Flowers) for our 2nd year, placing over 20,000 flowers on graves in CO, AZ, AL and WY
- RIDE22 (now VFV RIDE) had our FIRST annual ride in 7 locations raising almost $20k
- Good Aviation & Veterans Museum: launched the Grand Opening in August after the generous gift from Ed Good of his fathers legacy, the Good Warbird Museum
- We raised over $70,000 in this second year!
- Thank you to our sponsors:
- Walmart, Sam’s Club, Aaero Aviation, Altitude Agency, ETAC, Inc, Western Realty Advisors, Military Auction, Rocky Mountain Harley, Javelina Harley, American Legion, American Legion Riders, AMVETS, VFW, Chris Souza Foundation, and many, many more.
- Thank you to our sponsors:
As we near the end of this year, we must begin to set our sites forward to helping more Veterans as the problems are great and solutions hard to come by. The vision of reducing and eliminating suicide is very much top priority and our programs have done just that! Many veterans entering these programs have said this was their last shot.
- IT Apprenticeship – we are looking to continue and expand the products and delivery of such to more Vets. Stay tuned for announcements on partnerships in the works. Continued thanks to Terry Jenkins for his leadership in this area!
- Warriors For Life – by the end of Q1 will grow from 1 night/week to 3 and the goal is to have each day/night of the week covered with a meeting/group. We have several volunteers willing to host a night of the week to make this happen. Thanks again to Col Burroughs for his leadership in expanding this service to our Vets.
- ZERO DOWN Home Buying Program – we are in talks with large national mortgage and real estate companies to bring this program from CA to the entire nation. Stay keenly tuned for more details on this in Q1. BIG thanks goes to David Van Waldick for his persistence in this arena.
- Memorial Day Flowers – in addition to our past sites, we have added a Houston, TX National Cemetery, hosted by Michael Toth and are looking to host another one or two. If you are interested in helping us place flowers on graves on Memorial Day, please contact us ASAP.
- VFV RIDE – will ride 29 June 2019 in as many states as we can find volunteers and groups to aid us in making this happen as we raise awareness to those falling among us due to suicide. Continued thanks goes to ALR, VFW, CMA and other VSO groups and the Rocky Mountain and Javelina Harley dealerships in CO and TX!
- Good Aviation & Veteran Museum – will continue offering this walk back in time as a free service to any coming to or through Casper WY. We hope to entice those going to Sturgis to “stop by” for some coffee and a tour! We are grateful for Ed Good’s and Sean Hakes’ leadership for this museum.
- Military Auction – continued support for Mitchell Williams’ auction site, getting the word out and providing guidance for this start-up effort to support and serve Veterans and First Responders.
I want to share something very, very personal with you all.This year has been a person hell for me as I placed myself, and consequently my family, in a very precarious place financially which in turn put me in a very difficult place emotionally. For those who don’t know, in May of 2017, my wife and I sold everything we had (literally – house, furniture, etc.) to initiate a USA tour on behalf of and for Veterans; raising awareness to Veterans issues and in particular, suicide. I am not out of the woods, so to speak, and am clambering to regain what semblance of life and controls I had before this began. I almost hit bottom, although saying that I realize there might still be a lot more to learn about that… 🙂BUT, this year has been a blessing at the same time… I have been blessed by such comrades, friends, fellow supporters of our great and wonderful Veterans and First Responders. I have a wonderful wife who has seen my good and very bad moments throughout this year and she is still supporting me! yeah! I have also been blessed by recapturing some of my faith in God. This faith or belief is tuned to see a God who cares for me, and yes even loves me, not for what I accomplish and not that he is interested in my “wealth” or “health”, rather in my journey. My journey is about Giving Thanks! Regardless of where I find myself, I AM THANKFUL. In this place of thankfulness – I find peace. And in this place i receive the Blessing of God. I now see the blessing of God and it has nothing to do with money, health, things, etc… What is this Blessing? It is the Fruits of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control… THESE are the blessings of God. These and these alone can calm our PTSD, our fears of the unknown and much more.Not always easy, but still a good place to be. From this place of thankfulness I choose to give: Give of my time, energy, thoughts, money, and most of my self – to serve others.Each day I wake and say this simple prayer: “God, Thank You for today and for the talents, skills and abilities YOU have given… that I may serve others today!”Folks, our future and the future of this country and this organization are all possible by each person choosing to give something of themselves – to others and very specifically to our Veterans and First Responders and I pray you all do it from a place of thankfulness.
I pray the same for each of you, that in the midst of your challenges in life and for sure we all have them, that you be in a place of thankfulness.